Who says gluten or dairy-free menus mean you have to be deprived? This recipe was created with the intentions of pairing with Paleo Cream-Filled Chocolate Heart Cakes for dessert (with a glass of wine) for the ultimate gluten and dairy-free clean eating Valentine’s dinner!
Perfect for making for your significant other…or you can be like me and enjoy the entire meal by yourself with two helpings of dessert (because its “healthy” haha) and wine, while you enjoy the single life!
I hope you have a romantic dinner without worrying about being gluten-free! Here’s to regaining our sparkle together,
- 1 package gluten-free noodles (prefer penne)
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 whole artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- 1½ cups fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about a large lemon)
- 1 - 14 oz can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked boneless/skinless chicken breast strips (sub large white beans for vegan)
- (optional: peas, asparagus, bacon, green onions)
- Make gluten-free noodles.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt ghee over medium-low heat. Add olive oil, garlic, and shallot and cook 3 mins.
- Add broth, tomato, artichoke, spinach and lemon juice. Turn heat up to medium and cook until the mixture is halfway reduced. Mix in coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
- Plate noodles. Divide chicken strips over top. Cover in sauce and vegetable mixture.
Latest posts by Regain Your Sparkle (see all)
- Top Ten Essentials for Clean Living (Basic Overview) - June 10, 2017
- Hibiscus Tea (For Sugar Control/Cravings) - June 3, 2017
- Cauliflower Fried Rice - May 6, 2017