Cleaner Sweets –
In light of harder-to-control winter cravings, I’m continuing on with CLEANER sweets recipes! If you missed it, check out last week’s recipe for an Chocolate-Covered Coconut Bites, perfect for holiday parties. This week’s recipe is for natural no-bake cookies. These are another great freezer-stored dessert and can be frozen and thawed/consumed when a craving hits!
Made without gluten, soy, dairy, processed sugar, or tree nuts, these all natural no-bake cookies will satisfy your chocolate and peanut butter cravings and can be ready quickly! I make a large batch, so once they are prepared, I can store half in the freezer for a convenient and healthier aid to my satisfying my sweet tooth. The recipe can easily be modified if desired by adding nuts, coconut flakes, dried fruit, sea salt topping, etc.
I hope you enjoy these cleaner desserts! Here’s to regaining our sparkle together,
- 2/3 cup raw honey (maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (sub nut butter or sun butter if desired)
- 4 cups oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Melt the first three ingredients together in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a slow boil. Cook for two additional mins over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Mix in peanut butter. Allow to cool for a couple minutes. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop cookies by rounded tablespoons on the parchment paper (will be somewhat runny so leave space between each).
- Leave out at room temperature for 55-60 minutes until hardened or speed up in the fridge for 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy right away, store in the fridge, or freeze for later use.
- *Sometimes I used half the oats and spread the batter out evenly on a piece of parchment paper. You can then freeze and break it into pieces, like you would for a bark. This makes more of a candy-like treat than a cookie.
Latest posts by Regain Your Sparkle (see all)
- Top Ten Essentials for Clean Living (Basic Overview) - June 10, 2017
- Hibiscus Tea (For Sugar Control/Cravings) - June 3, 2017
- Cauliflower Fried Rice - May 6, 2017