Making this chicken bacon gnocchi was just what I needed to enjoy Trader Joes cauliflower gnocchi. I’ve never been a person to follow trends, but my background has led me to have both a passion for healthy product labels and Trader Joes. And the trends I’ve seen lately have included keto “chaffles” and cauliflower gnocchi. Until recently, I’ve mostly seen gnocchi eaten as a side. I don’t really have time for time-consuming/fancy sides unless I’m entertaining…So, to try the Trader Joes cauliflower gnocchi, I decided to make it into a filling meal.
This paleo meal serves about three and is pretty fast for a healthy, delicious meal. To begin with, the chicken is baked in the oven for about 45 minutes. While that’s being baked, fry the and sauté the vegetables. When there is about 15 minutes left on the chicken, the Trader Joes Cauliflower Gnocchi can be pan fried on your stovetop. In under an hour, you’ll have an impressive weeknight meal.
*Note: If you’re not gluten-free or paleo, I’ve also been told Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi is amazing. And the flavors would also meld well with this dish.
Gnocchi That’s Not Rubbery
If you’re hesitant to cook with gnocchi, definitely give this dish a try anyways! I remember back in the day when I ate processed food, thinking the cheap gnocchi that was always on sale (the one in a plastic package) at my local grocery store looked like something delicious to try. After arriving home and creating a side with it for my meal, I realized that each gnocchi piece felt like chewing tiny pieces of rubber.
I promise you, homemade gnocchi (like this delicious one from Gluten-Free Baking) and Trader Joes cauliflower gnocchi are a completely different story. Made with natural ingredients and not containing extra preservatives and fillers to make it shelf stable (which is why they need to be frozen), each Trader Joes cauliflower gnocchi piece has the texture of a fluffy cloud.
I hope this Chicken Bacon gnocchi recipe gives you a healthy, delicious weeknight meal. As well as a completely NEW or decent first impression of gnocchi. This is definitely not a trend you want to miss out on! If you’re looking for additional quick and easy gluten free meals, be sure to check out Gluten Free Ramen and Paleo Chicken Piccata.
Here’s to trying new things and regaining our sparkle together,
Chicken Bacon Gnocchi with Trader Joes Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 2 pounds organic chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil divided
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 packages frozen cauliflower gnocchi, I used Trader Joe’s
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon
- Place chicken breasts in a 9×13 glass pan. Add water until pan has about ½” of water around them. Bake at 375°F for 30-45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from oven. When cooled, dice.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté onion and garlic for several minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Mix in frozen peas. Set aside.
- Pan fry bacon until crispy. Cool and chop.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the frozen cauliflower gnocchi 1 bag and cook, tossing occasionally, until they’re lightly brown on all sides, about 5-10 minutes. Repeat with remaining olive oil and bag of gnocchi.
- Mix gnocchi, diced chicken, bacon, and sautéed vegetables. Mix in remaining ingredients to season. Serve.