If you’re looking for a refreshing, healthy, summer cocktail with the healthy benefits and calming properties of CBD without all the confusion, work, and legalities, you’re in the right place! This Lavender Lemonade CBD Cocktail is made with a gluten free vodka, a high quality (legal) hemp/CBD oil, and is low in sugar and carbs.Jump to Recipe
If you’d like to go straight to the recipe click on the “Jump to Recipe” prompt above! Enjoy!
What’s does CBD really mean?
You can have fitness goals and dietary restrictions and still find the perfect refreshing summer cocktail. After obtaining a medical marijuana card in hopes of having the health benefits of marijuana, I did not like the effects of THC.
I knew there are many others like me that are inexperienced and looking to really embrace the medical benefits without the repercussions. So, here’s a quick lesson for you! There are two different types of CBD oil products — both are derived from the cannibas plant, just different varieties of the plant.
- One is a hemp-based CBD oil (the one I link to in the recipe below that’s legal)
- One is a marijuana-based CBD (would need to buy dispensary).
Note that you’re welcome to use marijuana-based CBD in the recipe below if you’d like, but unless it’s a tincture, you’ll need to shake the oil up real good and it’ll have some minor separation, but still be delicious.
Just want to make an easy CBD cocktail?!
Anyways, after lots of reading up on making your own CBD oil or cocktails, I found everything to be just plain confusing. Luckily, this simplified recipe just uses pre-made CBD for an easy hassle-free cocktail. By creating this cocktail, I took the anti-anxiety benefits of the CBD plant and the sedative effects of alcohol and combined them for a relaxing pool-side drink! *CBD is also known to have anti-inflammatory amongst many other benefits!
Serve With / Sugar Content
This recipe is set to make an extra-large poolside drink for you or two cocktails; one to share! Due to its high amount of flavor, but still low number of carbs and sugar under 5 grams of sugar each (about 10 if you keep both to yourself)…this has been a summer favorite amongst those who are watching their sugar for a number of reasons: fitness goals, autoimmune, general wellness, watching their weight, and more!
This recipe is surprisingly simple! Grab some raw honey (raw is always preferred for its higher nutritional benefits). Get some lavender – you can also use ¼ cup fresh lavender blossoms (this has a deeper color). However, I prefer dried for availability (I don’t see a huge difference in flavor).
Grab your favorite vodka (I usually use Tito’s since it’s gluten-free). Get 6 tablespoons of fresh lemon – I almost always use fresh with a citrus squeezer/juicer so it only takes seconds. Grab a high-quality CBD oil and finish by getting about ¼ cup crushed ice or 6 ice cubes.
This recipe begins by making a special lavender simple syrup. This simple syrup is made by boiling ¾ cups water. Once the water reaches a rolling boil, remove it from the heat. Honey and lavender are then mixed in and allowed to steep (sit in the water) for 12-14 minutes. If you’d like a stronger lavender flavor or color and you can allow to steep much longer. Once completed, it can be strained through a fine mesh strainer.
The rest is super simple! In a large cocktail shaker, combine the lavender simple syrup, vodka, freshly squeezed lemon juice, the CBD oil of choice (see recipe for a suggestion), and ¼ cup crushed ice or 6 ice cubes. Shake until chilled, the add the remaining cold water. If you want it all to yourself, serve in a large mason jar or use 16 oz highball glasses to serve for you and someone else! Small slices of lemon on the edge or a few lavender flowers sprinkled on top add the perfect touch.
Make sure to serve cold! This lemonade is a little tangy and the extra spike makes it not-so-great if served at room temperature. Yet, soooo refreshing cold! If you cant get enough fresh lemon, serve with Gluten-free Lemon Cream Chicken and Pasta for a summery meal!
Here’s to drinking gone healthy, gluten free cocktails, less inflammation, sugar, and anxiety…and regaining our sparkle together,
Lavender Lemonade CBD Cocktail
- 1½ cups cold water divided
- ¼ cup
raw honey(or organic sugarfor vegan)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender or
culinary dried lavender
- 4 ounces vodka (I used Tito’s which is gluten-free)
- 2 lemons, juice (about 6 tablespoons)
- 30 mg or two servings of CBD oil *Here is a high-quality version of one that’s healthy, legal, and hemp-based. If you choose to do so, this one’s water soluble so it works great in cocktails – you’ll need two droppers full for this recipe.
- ¼ cup ice
- Make lavender simple syrup. Bring ¾ cups water to a boil. Remove from heat. Mix in honey and lavender. Allow to steep for 12-14 mins (or longer for stronger lavender flavor and color). Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- In a large cocktail shaker, combine syrup, vodka, lemon juice, CBD, and ice. Shake until chilled. Add remaining cold water.
- Serve for an extra big helping in a mason jar or a serve cocktail for you and your significant other in cocktail glasses. Garnish with small slices of lemon or sprinkle a few lavender flowers on top.
Leave a Reply