This quick & flavorful stuffed acorn squash has bold notes of fall spices to add rich flavor. It is also big 8 allergen-free, paleo, paleo AIP* compliant (sub cinnamon for the Apple Pie Spice), Whole30 compliant, and keto-friendly ~ great for anyone on a special diet!
My passion is typically for spring and summer flavors ☼ 💖. So, in fall, my aim is to make quick and healthy dishes! AIP recipes typically are a little extra work, but this stuffed acorn squash is simple! Make it on a busy week night; perfect for bringing in some fall flavors.
*Paleo AIP = (autoimmune protocol compliant). If you are unfamiliar as to what this means and seem to have continued health issues, I’d highly recommend trying it for a month. It’s not usually recommended for weight loss or other health issues, but specifically for lingering autoimmune disease flare-ups. I did it for several months and it changed my life, then transitioned to a clean gluten-free diet long-term. Check out this autoimmune protocol resource to learn more.
Interested in trying paleo AIP? Check out my paleo AIP recipes or email me at [email protected] with any recipe requests.
Here’s to regaining our sparkle together,
Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 3 acorn squash halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch celery sliced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 5 ounce bag spinach
- 1 teaspoon
Garlic & Herb Seasoning (I used Primal Palate as it's AIP compliant)
- 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon Sugar Trio(for paleo aip) OR 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice(for keto) (I used Primal Palate for these)
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 apple chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake acorn squash (face-up) for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet. Add celery and onion and cook over medium heat. Sauté until onion is translucent. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add sausage to pan. Sauté until fully cooked. Add spinach and cook just until lightly wilted. Remove from heat. Mix in spices, apple, and onion mixture.
- Scoop into acorn halves. Bake at 425°F for 10 additional minutes for a crispy top.
The combination of flavors was amazing! I love that it was a full meal in one dish and easy to make as well.
Regain Your Sparkle