Got exciting plans this weekend? Everyone may be back to school already, but make sure to grab that grill to host one last grill-out clean eating style before summer’s over! Especially for these honey plum chicken and chimichurri chicken kebabs (one of which is Whole 30 & keto friendly).
Party and (healthy) barbecue time!
This pool party/bbq recipe is perfect for a varied crowd. Making two different types of chicken kebabs for grilling works great when you have guests over, as not everyone enjoys the same thing. What I love about the pairing of these two is the taste profiles are completely different (and honestly, I couldn’t decide which to feature because I loved them both so much).
Prep the Chicken Kebabs in Advance
One kebab is a classic chimichurri, and another is a kebab with a unique and sweet plum flavor. Sauces and kebabs can be made a day in advance. Just store them in the refrigerator almost immediately after preparation. Then they can be grilled the day of a party/event; making for a stress-free relaxing pool day!
Healthy Food That’s Anything but Boring
While healthy food can often look dull in comparison to other dishes at a BBQ, these kebabs are full of vibrant flavor, brightly colored, and appeal to many palates.
Enjoy! Here’s to regaining our sparkle together,
Honey Plum Chicken and Chimichurri Chicken Kebabs
Honey Plum Sauce
- ¼ cup
organic olive oil
- 2 cups chopped plums about 3 plums (or sub plum preserves)
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 minced garlic cloves or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon
red pepper flakesoptional
- ½ teaspoon
- 2/3 cup
organic olive oil
- 2.5 oz pkg basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 teaspoons
Himalayan salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken cubed
- 3 plums sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 12 each
stainless steel skewers
- Add honey plum sauce ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 mins. Process in food processor. Set aside.
- Add chimichurri sauce ingredients to a mini food processor. Process until combined. Set aside.
- Put half of each sauce in containers in the refrigerator.
- Make skewers. Make 5 in this order: chicken, plum slices, red onion slices (repeat until skewer is full but not crowded). Drizzle with remaining honey plum sauce. Make 5 in this order: chicken, tomatoes, yellow onion slice (repeat until skewer is full but not crowded). Drizzle with remaining chimichurri sauce.
- Grill skewers for 4-7 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Cover in remaining sauce from fridge before serving.
Leave a Reply