Who says gluten or dairy-free menus mean you have to be deprived? This Gluten-free Lemon Cream Chicken and Pasta recipe was created with the intentions of pairing with Easy Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries for dessert (with a glass of wine) for the ultimate gluten and dairy-free clean eating romantic dinner!
*Vegan substitute also available; just make a quick swap of the chicken with a large white bean and paired with a vegan side such as this Lebanese Endive! Or if pasta isn’t your thing, try a similar alternative, gnocchi.
Perfect for making for your significant other…or you can be like me and enjoy the entire meal by yourself with two helpings of dessert and wine (because its “healthy” haha), while you enjoy the single life! #singleaf #stillagoodvdaymealthough #ilovechocolatemorethanmen.
For the novice cooks: I swear, while it looks a little longer than my usual quick and easy recipes…this Gluten-free Lemon Cream Chicken and Pasta recipe is pretty basic. Begin by making the noodles and setting aside (just use regular if you’re not gluten-free, either is amazing). Then do a quick sauté of some ingredients that add flavor, add the broth and vegetables and cook until the liquid is reduced about half. Mix in the coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Then assemble the pasta with the sauce and chicken strips -or beans for vegan- on top.
I hope you have a romantic dinner without worrying about being gluten-free! Here’s to regaining our sparkle together,
Gluten-free Lemon Cream Chicken and Pasta
- 1 package gluten-free noodles preferably penne
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 3 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 canned whole artichoke hearts cut into quarters
- 1½ cups fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice about a large lemon
- 1 – 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked boneless/skinless chicken breast strips sub cooked large white beans for vegan
- optional: peas, asparagus, bacon, green onions
- Make gluten-free noodles.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt ghee over medium-low heat. Add olive oil, garlic, and shallot and cook 3 mins.
- Add broth, tomato, artichoke, spinach and lemon juice. Turn heat up to medium and cook until the mixture is halfway reduced. Mix in coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
- Plate noodles. Divide chicken strips over top. Cover in sauce and vegetable mixture.
Leave a Reply