Missing your Taco Tuesdays?! This Gluten Free Cornbread Taco Pizza Bake is exactly what you need for a QUICK, easy healthy meal at home. Bring the joys of Taco Tuesday home to you with this great dish for the whole family!
Gluten Free Cornbread Taco Pizza
To get to the Gluten Free Cornbread Taco Pizza without all the extra info click below to jump to the recipe. This recipe is exactly what you need for a healthy meal at home that serves four and is made in under half an hour!
This corn bread taco pizza bake is suitable for a gluten-free diet and lentils can be made, seasoned, and substituted for the ground beef for a vegetarian option as well.
To make this healthier, opt for organic ingredients when affordable and available. However, there are other cheaper things you can also do to make it healthier in a more affordable way. To begin with, when working with cheese, always shred your own. Pre-shredded cheese contains additional anti-caking agents and other extra ingredients.
Additionally, the main ingredients to pay attention to in this recipe in terms of health are the taco sauce and seasonings. Make sure to find each without MSG; organic versions are preferable. For affordability, if you don’t have taco seasoning on hand, you can substitute 1 tablespoon chili powder + 2 teaspoon cumin + cayenne pepper to taste + 2 tsp sea salt and skip the taco sauce. Some recommended taco sauce or seasoning options are linked to in the recipe below.
Cornbread is made according to the ingredients on the packaged and baked in a 9” round glass pie plate for 12-15 minutes. This typically is until full cooked and like most items that are baked; until a toothpick entered in the center of the pan comes out clean.
Meanwhile, ground beef is sautéed and seasoned. It’s then spread over the baked cornbread, followed by the remaining ingredients, in the order listed, with the exception of the cilantro and taco sauce. Bake the cornbread taco pizza for an additional five minutes to melt the cheese.
Prior to serving, fresh diced cilantro can be sprinkled on top of the pizza. Then taco sauce can be drizzled over top for additional Mexican flavor as well as an appealing fresh look. Slice like a pizza for even more fun.
What’s Taco Tuesday without margaritas? I know everyone with a crazy packed household and too much together time right now is looking for some quick, easy, and enjoyable healthy meals! That’s why this filling gluten free cornbread taco pizza bake is perfect.
However, who said you have to be a mixologist for made at home mixed drinks to be just as easy?! Serve this with it’s perfect pair — Blackberry Basil Margaritas (made so easy). Or serve with some tequila + lime juice on the rocks.
Here’s to quick, easy, and homemade Taco Tuesdays with the family and regaining our sparkle together,
Gluten Free Cornbread Taco Pizza
- 8½ box gluten free cornbread mix
(I just use about ½ box from Trader Joe’s)
- Other ingredients on box
- 1 cup frozen organic corn, thawed
- 1 pound organic grass fed ground beef *you can also substitute lentils for a vegetarian version
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional, omit for dairy-free)
- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives
- ½ orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 scallions, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F and make cornbread mixture according to package. Mix in corn. Spray a 9” round glass pie plate with non-stick spray, add mix, and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Sauté ground beef according to package. Remove from heat and mix in taco seasoning.
- Sprinkle ground beef and all other remaining ingredients (with the exception of cilantro and taco sauce) on top of cornbread.
- Place pan back in the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro and drizzle with taco sauce if desired.