Make ahead paleo breakfast muffins are perfect for those short on time! I’m quite a busy person and as a result do not have a ton of time to make my breakfast every morning. Since I prefer a paleo breakfast (and am allergic to nuts), this leaves me minimal options for breakfast unless I have a decent amount of time to cook. This doesn’t leave me many quick breakfast options, especially when I am not a morning person and roll out of bed half an hour before I need to be to work.
As a result, in order to maintain my healthy eating habits, most days I prepare my breakfast ahead of time. The paleo breakfast muffins recipe shown below fits my needs perfectly. Within a couple hours one night, if I double this recipe, I have enough breakfast for me for about three weeks! In the morning, I just grab a couple muffins from the freezer, heat and go.
Just a little extra tip for freezing—allow the muffins to cool completely and then divide them into fours in plastic sandwich bags. If you have the extra room in your freezer and are worried about BPA and other chemicals in plastic, you can also freeze muffins in an 8½”x11” glass pan with a lid.
Also – if breakfast/brunch is also your favorite meal of the day (unless dessert counts lol), then be sure to check out my healthy brunch ideas. Or to satisfy your sweet tooth, try one of these two healthy breakfast/brunch recipes: Healthy Apple Fritters (Gluten Free, Dairy Free) or Paleo Lemon Blueberry Cake. Plus, many more exciting options are to come!
Enjoy! Here’s to regaining our sparkle together,
Make Ahead – Paleo Breakfast Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with unbleached baking cups.
- In a small bowl, sift coconut flour. Mix in tapioca flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, coconut oil, honey, applesauce, and vanilla. Whisk.
- Add dry to wet mixture and stir until combined (you may need to stir vigorously so the coconut flour doesn’t clump). Fold in 2 cups of your favorite chopped fruit.
- Divide mixture among lined muffin tins.
- Bake 24-28 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffin edges are golden.
- Allow to cool completely. Eat right away or freeze for breakfast for the following week. To thaw for consumption, remove two muffins from the freezer. Sprinkle one Tbsp of water over top and microwave in a glass bowl for 1½ mins.