These Gluten Free Fruit Pizza Cookies are vegan, dairy free, nut free, and are one of the easiest, fastest gluten free party recipes. They are both fun/colorful and delicious and can be made from start to finish in under 20 minutes.
Gluten Free Party Recipes & Other Healthy Party Recipes
It was not that long ago that I learned to really value your health. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way 5+ years ago about the damage that sugar and emotional eating can do to your body and mental health. Once my diet was cleaned up, I started feeling better, but I missed all the foods I used to have.
RegainYourSparkle.com was created to bring back the joy to eating healthier – all the fun party, healthy brunch, & cocktail recipes you used to enjoy. Check out all the gluten free and healthy party recipes here. Or try other fun vegan and gluten free desserts such as 3-ingredient Homemade Heart Chocolates, Gluten Free Carrot Cupcakes, or Healthy Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips.
About These Fruit Pizza Cookies
These fruit pizza cookies are one of my favorites as they are so simple and the perfect last-minute grab for a party with people of almost any dietary restrictions – vegan, gluten free, nut free, peanut free and dairy free! All of this was made possible with one of my absolutely favorite brand’s refrigerated cookie dough, Sweet Loren’s®. (This blog is not associated with and not endorsed nor sponsored by Sweet Loren’s®, I am just a huge fan).
Gluten Free Fruit Pizza Ingredients / Best Fruits to Use
The only ingredient for the sugar cookie base of these fruit pizzas is Sweet Loren’s® refrigerated sugar cookie dough. It already comes rolled out and everything, you just pop them out of the package onto a tray and bake them.
They have grown immensely in popularity, since I first found them in my grocery store’s refrigerated aisle a couple years ago and are now widely available across the U.S. They will likely be at your local grocery or health food store, but if you can’t find them, see their website’s store locator to find them near you or buy online.
Once the cookies are baked and cooled and the cream cheese frosting is spread on top, they are topped with colorful chopped fruit. I used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries for a gluten free 4th of July party recipe, but you can use a variety of fruits to color your fruit pizza cookies for the applicable occasion. *If you’re looking for another colorful fruity recipe that works great for patriotic holidays, check out this Watermelon Feta Basil Salad with Blueberry Balsamic.
For example: kiwis and strawberries for Christmas, bright tropical fruits for summer, orange segments and chocolate chips for Halloween, etc. Here are some fun fruits to choose from:
- RED: strawberries (hulled, chopped), raspberries, cherries (pitted)
- ORANGE: peaches, mangoes, mandarin oranges or orange segments
- YELLOW: bananas (use within a couple hours though, they’ll brown), pineapple, starfruit slices
- GREEN: kiwis, green apples, green grapes (halved)
- BLUE/PURPLE: blueberries, blackberries, purple or black grapes (halved), plum slices
- MISC (these non-fruit items also made great additions): fresh mint, sprinkles, chocolate chips (make sure to get dairy-free if needed)
For the Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
You can use regular cream cheese in this recipe if desired, but this vegan, dairy free version is no less delicious! Just use vegan butter and vegan cream cheese (I grab mine from the local Trader Joe’s). The only difference between a vegan cream cheese frosting and a regular one, to me, has been consistency.
The vegan versions I’ve had have always been more prone to melt/thin easily. Which is why this recipe has a slightly larger amount of powered sugar than a cream cheese frosting that includes dairy – it helps the frosting hold its shape. Make sure to apply it thick.
Don’t forget, you can make this super-fast, delicious, and allergy-friendly party recipe in just minutes for almost any type of gathering. Plus, it’s a favorite for both kids (they love the fun, bright colors) and adults! Who said healthy had to be difficult – enjoy a party you actually have time to sit down and enjoy.
Here’s to a fun summer full of friends & family again, easy healthy party recipes, and regaining our sparkle together! ✧❈✯✦Jenn✦✯❈✧
Gluten Free Fruit Pizza Cookies (Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 12 ounces (or enough for 12 cookies) gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan refrigerated cookie dough (I used Sweet Loren’s®)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ package (12 ounces) cream cheese, softened slightly
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bake the cookies on a sheet pan for 11-13 minutes or per package directions. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- For cream cheese frosting, add to a medium mixing bowl: butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon zest. Beat with a hand mixed for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Spread on cookies.
- Top with washed/cut strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Enjoy!
I can’t wait to try these! It’s such a struggle cooking for my family members that have gluten and dairy restrictions, especially finding desserts for them. These are so pretty with the fresh fruit.
Regain Your Sparkle
Thank you, I hope you and your family enjoy them! 🙂